Dot Hill’s AssuredSAN® Pro 5000 Series is a hybrid SSD and HDD SAN storage system that accelerates I/O. Using the Pro 5000 Series with integrated RealStor™ management software, IT managers can improve data responsiveness, remove guesswork and simplify SAN storage management. RealStor, Dot Hill’s storage tiering software takes responsiveness to a new level - that of continuously responding to user data storage demands by moving 'hot' data to a high-speed SSD tier.
The AssuredSAN Pro 5000 storage tiering software responds to data access needs automatically, without human intervention or policy setting. The AssuredSAN Pro 5000 detects data storage priorities and optimizes the delivery of priority/high demand data in real time. By prioritizing data and migrating it in real-time the system can deliver up to 80% of the IO from the SSD tiering, dramatically improving overall storage performance and response time.
See our benchmarks and VMware White Paper on the Learn More tab.
Key applications where hybrid storage and SSDs improve performance are: database lookup, virtual desktop, storage for virtualized servers, self-service kiosks, student online registration, and campus-wide video surveillance monitoring and transcoding, and metadata storage.
Features and Benefits
- RealTier™, Storage Tiering software moves important data without policies or nightly data migration
- RealThin™, Thin provisioning solution allows easy expansion on your schedule
- Configurations to fit your storage performance and capacity requirements
- Optional AssuredRemote™, remote replication software combined with vSphere’s SRM provides a complete site failover solution
- Automated pooling dramatically simplifies storage setup, allowing storage to be managed from a single pool.
- Rapidly RAID rebuild capability
- Simple, intuitive GUI for management and performance monitoring, preset RAID levels
- Microsoft and VMware certified.
Reliability You Can Trust
The 5000 Series is based on the highly reliable AssuredSAN® architecture which is able to achieve 99.999% availability which is essential to virtual server environments. AssuredSAN products all includes dual controllers, fans, power, and hot swappable drives as standard. Patented EcoStor™ batteryless cache backup eliminates the need for battery maintenance, boosting availability.
|# of Tiers||Focus||Usable Capacity||Drives Included||Host Connection||Rack Units||Item #|
|2 tiers||Read Cache||25.6TB||2 SSD, 22 SAS, 24 Nearline||Fibre Channel, iSCSI||4U||#243|
|2 tiers||Performance||19.6TB||4 SSD, 44 SAS||Fibre Channel, iSCSI||4U||#242|
|2 tiers||Perf. & Capacity||32.4TB||4 SSD, 44 SAS||Fibre Channel, iSCSI||4U||#244|
|3 tiers||Performance||25.6TB||4 SSD, 22 SAS, 22 Nearline||Fibre Channel, iSCSI||4U||#343|
|3 tiers||Perf. & Capacity||58TB||4 SSD, 22 SAS, 22 Nearline||Fibre Channel, iSCSI||6U||#368|
|3 tiers||Perf. & Capacity||74TB||4 SSD, 22 SAS, 22 Nearline||Fibre Channel, iSCSI||6U||#360|
|Performance||10TB||4 SSD, 20 SAS||2U||x10A|
|Performance||10TB||24 2.5-inch SAS||2U||x10B|
|Capacity||16TB||24 2.5-inch Nearline||2U||x16A|
|Capacity||48TB||24 3.5-inch Nearline||4U||x48A|
|Capacity||64TB||24 3.5-inch Nearline||4U||x64A|
The hardware warranty (Bronze) on Dot Hill arrays is 37 months. The software warranty is 90 days. Gold and Platinum support is also available.
Software – Data Protection Package
Pro 5000 systems can be upgraded with an optional a DMS bundle that includes AssuredCopy, AssuredSnap and AssuredRemote for complete storage data protection.
Channel models sold through authorized resellers are eligible for our free year of onsite support.
An AssuredSAN Pro 5000 system, which includes RealStor™ technology for automated tiered storage, thin provisioning, rapid RAID rebuild, and automated pooling, must be purchased with 3 years of Software support.
In addition, the optional DMS package, which includes AssuredCopy™, AssuredRemote™, and AssuredSnap™, VSS, VDS, and SRA, must be purchased with 3 years of Software support is required.
Base Models and Expansion
Several modular configurations designed to provide the right levels of performance and capacity. Base models are sold in two chassis configurations which mix drives to provide:
• One tiered system with extra SSD read-cache
• Two tiered systems with SSD tiers, and either a high-performance SAS tier or and archive Nearline SAS tier
• Three tiered systems which include SSDs, SAS and Nearline SAS
Customers can easily adapt their 5000 Pro system with additional specially configured expansion models, adding more capacity to any tier. See details on the Models tab.
The AssuredSAN Pro 5000 series is available to volume customers through our OEM sales force.
SSDs, SAS, Nearline SAS in mixed configurations.
- RealStor White Paper – Real-Time Storage Tiering for Real-World Workloads ( 324KB)
- VMware and the AssuredSAN Pro 5000 Brief ( 668KB)
- Architecting vSphere for the AssuredSAN Pro 5000 ( 1.5MB)
- Evaluator Group – Storage for Virtualized Workloads Solution Brief ( 153KB)
- RealStor Tiering and Migration Graphic