The AssuredSAN™ 3000 Series of data storage arrays offers value, capacity and scalability. Now enabled by RealStor™, Dot Hill’s autonomic real-time storage operating system, the 3000 Series offers a simple user interface, SSD read-cache, and virtual snapshots. These hybrid arrays deliver needed performance for small office virtualization.
Easy to Manage, Small-to-Medium Business Data Storage
The 3000 Series data storage arrays are designed to deliver reliable, scalable performance for small datacenter operations. They include EcoStor™ battery-free cache backup and virtual snapshots to complement backup and recovery plans. The 3000 Series offers models for SAS, iSCSI and fibre channel host connection which can be easily expanded using inexpensive JBODs.
Key applications include small office operations such as web serving, file serving, print serving and databases. For remote offices the 3000 series makes a reliable Veeam Backup target. In addition, the 3000 Series is NEBS and MIL SPEC 810G compliant with a rugged chassis design that makes it a solid choice for mobile computing and remote data collection.
Software for Optimizing Performance and Protecting Data
RealStor™ Storage Operating System Enables Performance-enhancing SSD Configurations
RealStor software allows customers to implement next generation hybrid storage solutions that leverage the power of SSDs to increase storage performance. RealStor offers a range of options to boost performance no matter what your workload requirements. With RealStor you can choose storage Flash read-cache or tiering with HDDs to boost IO performance. In addition, RealStor includes thin provisioning to make it easier to manage storage growth.
Data Protection Software
RealStor includes the rapid RAID rebuild feature and virtual snapshots to enhance DR plans.
- Supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
- Microsoft and VMware certified. Veeam certification is planned.
Reliable Hardware Architecture
Dot Hill’s dual redundant design eliminates ‘single points of failure’ which can disrupt business operations. AssuredSAN arrays have dual active-active controllers for higher performance and failover, ‘hot swappable’ drives, dual power supplies, and dual fans, all of which contribute to proven 99.999% uptime.
- 2 ports per controller, 4 for dual controller models. Optional expansion cables can be added to SAS connected models to add 2 more ports per controller.
- 16Gb, 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb, 1Gb iSCSI, 12Gb SAS host connectivity
- Patented EcoStor™ battery-free cache backup which eliminates battery maintenance.
- Support for mixed SAS drives and SSD drives
Rugged, Mobile Applications
AssuredSAN 3004 models are NEBS Level 3 and MIL STD 810G compliant to meet Telecommunications requirements and Military standards for shock and vibration.
AssuredSAN 3004 systems can scale to a total of 48 large form factor drives, or 96 small form factor drives. If you need even greater capacity, a 4004 system is recommended.
3004 models of data storage solutions support multiple languages – Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
AssuredSAN™ 3004 Storage Models
|OEM Model||AssuredSAN Channel Model||Max Host Ports||Chassis||Capacity||Max Capacity with JBODs||Performance||Drive Support||Drive Size|
|3524||3524C||4 SAS, 8 with expansion cable||2U24||1-48TB||192TB||3300 MG/s reads, 2400 MB/s writes||SAS 10K, 15K, Nearline||2.5″|
|3534||3534C||4 SAS, 8 with expansion cable||2U12||1-96GB||384TB||3300 MG/s reads, 2400 MB/s writes||SAS 10K, 15K, Nearline||3.5″|
|3824||3824C||4 FC or 4 iSCSI||2U24||1-48TB||192TB||3300 MG/s reads, 2400 MB/s writes||SAS 10K, 15K, Nearline||2.5″|
|3834||3934C||4 FC or 4 iSCSI||2U12||1-96TB||384TB||3300 MG/s reads, 2400 MB/s writes||SAS 15K, Nearline||3.5″|
|J6G24||J6G24||2U24||1-48TB||192TB||3300 MG/s reads, 2400 MB/s writes||SAS 10K, 15K, Nearline||2.5″|
|J6G12||J6G12||2U12||1-96TB||384TB||3300 MG/s reads, 2400 MB/s writes||SAS 15K, Nearline||3.5″|
- The hardware warranty (Bronze) on Dot Hill arrays is 37 months. The software warranty is 90 days. Gold and Platinum support is also available.
- ‘C’ in the model indicates Channel data storage products with RealStor software. They are Dot Hill branded units that come with a rail kit.
- If a model number is all numeric, such as ‘3834’, this indicates that this is a OEM data storage array, non branded product available to volume customers.
- SFP’s (small form-factor pluggable) are required to connect the 4004 data storage arrays to either a fibre channel or iSCSI network to create a SAN. SFP’s are available for 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel, or 1Gb or 10Gb iSCSI. SFP’s are a separate line item sold separately from the array. They are available in 4-packs.
- SAS, Nearline SAS, and SSDs are supported on the 3004 models
- Any 3004 data storage array can be easily expanded with a compatible J6G24 (24 drives) or J6G12 (12 drives) which allows you to expand to a maximum of 288 terabytes.
NEBS and MIL SPEC
- The 3000 Series data storage arrays are NEBS and MIL SPEC 810G compliant.
- A DC power option is available on the 3004 models.
- Localization for Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean is available, including translated online help.