The Dot Hill SAN Tutorial
Welcome to Dot Hill – empowering the storage community with high-capacity and high-performance SAN storage products.
Our exclusive Storage Area Networking (SAN) Tutorial provides you with a complete and easy guide to architecting, implementing and managing a modern SAN – covering SAN hardware, RAID systems, switches, hubs, bridges, backups, software, replication and more. The Dot Hill SAN Tutorial answers questions such as:
- What is a SAN?
- What are the hardware components of a SAN?
- What is a RAID system and how do I use RAID Data Stripping to build a fault tolerant storage system?
- Why do I need hubs, switches and bridges?
- How can I use a SAN backup solution to offload backup operations?
- How do I use fibre channel switches and hubs in my SAN?
- How can I build a scalable SAN architecture?
- Why do I need SAN software?
- Why you need SAN management software?
- What is SAN server clustering?
- What is data replication and how do I use synchronous and a asynchronous replication?
- How can I use a SAN to reduce downtime?
- What does SAN volume and file management do?
- How can I build a SAN that improves content distribution and data sharing?
- What SAN standards do I need to understand?
Speak with a Dot Hill representative or partner