The AssuredSAN™ 3000 Series of data storage arrays offer value, capacity, and scalability. These data storage systems perform well for databases, email, sharepoint, as well as smaller video editing systems. The 3000 Series offers models for a range of interface options and can be easily expanded using inexpensive JBODs. 3000 Series data storage arrays are backward compatible with 4Gb Fibre Channel and 1Gb iSCSI networks. Optional DMS software for creating snapshots, copying volumes and remote replication is available.
Easy to Manage, Small-to-Medium Business Data Storage
The 3000 Series data storage arrays are designed to deliver reliable, scalable performance for small to medium sized datacenter operations. They include energy saving drive-spin-down, EcoStor™ battery-free cache backup, data protection software to complement your backup and recovery plans.
The 3000 models are easy to use and manage – featuring Wizards for installation, configuration and remote replication. The simple, intuitive RAIDar 2.0 interface streamlines management.
Key applications include office applications, small workgroup video post-production, streaming, databases, Veeam Backup, and other IT functions. In addition, the 3000 Series is NEBS and MIL SPEC 810G compliant and offer a rugged chassis.
Software for Optimizing Performance and Protecting Data
Data Protection Software
Optional data protection software is available on the 3000 Series to fully protect your environment. Dot Hill offers optional AssuredCopy™, AssuredSnap™, and AssuredRemote™ DMS software to allow you to create point-in-time snapshots, volume copies and replicate to a remote or backup site.
- Supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
- Microsoft certified. Citrix, Data Core, Veeam and VMware certifications pending.
Reliable Hardware Architecture
Dot Hill’s dual redundant design eliminates ‘single points of failure’ which can disrupt business operations. AssuredSAN arrays have dual active-active controllers for higher performance and failover, ‘hot swappable’ drives, dual power supplies and fans, all of which contribute to proven 99.999% uptime.
- 2 ports per controller, 4 for dual controller models
- 16Gb, 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb, 1Gb iSCSI, 12Gb SAS host connectivity
- Drive-spin-down reduces power consumption during non-peak hours.
- Patented EcoStor™ battery-free cache backup eliminating battery replacement.
- Support for mixed SAS drives, and SSDs (3000 models only)
Rugged, Mobile Applications
AssuredSAN 3004 models are NEBS Level 3 and MIL STD 810G compliant to meet Telecommunications requirements and Military standards for shock and vibration.
AssuredSAN 3004 systems can scale to a total of 48 large form factor drives, or 96 small form factor drives. If you need even greater capacity, a 4004 system is recommended.
3004 models of data storage solutions leverage the ‘user friendly’ RAIDar 2.0 web management interface with built-in Wizards, which supports multiple languages – Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese.
AssuredSAN™ 3004 Storage Models
|OEM Model||AssuredSAN Channel Model||Max Host Ports||Chassis||Capacity||Max Capacity with JBODs||Performance||Drive Support||Drive Size||Options|
|3824||3824C||4 FC or 4 iSCSI||2U24||1-24TB||96TB||3300 MG/s reads, 2400 MB/s writes||SAS 10K, 15K, Nearline||2.5″||AssuredSnap,
|3834||3934C||4 FC or 4 iSCSI||2U12||1-72TB||288TB||3300 MG/s reads, 2400 MB/s writes||SAS 15K, Nearline||3.5″||AssuredSnap,
|J6G24||J6G24||2U24||1-24TB||96TB||3300 MG/s reads, 2400 MB/s writes||SAS 10K, 15K, Nearline||2.5″|
|J6G12||J6G12||2U12||1-72TB||288TB||3300 MG/s reads, 2400 MB/s writes||SAS 15K, Nearline||3.5″|
The hardware warranty (Bronze) on Dot Hill arrays is 37 months. The software warranty is 90 days. Gold and Platinum support is also available.
- ‘C’ in the model indicates Channel data storage products, without any DMS software. They are Dot Hill branded units that come with a rail kit.
- If a model number is all numeric, such as ‘3730’, this indicates that this is a OEM data storage array, non branded product available to volume customers.
- SAS, Nearline SAS, and SSD drives can be mixed in 3000 models
- SAS, Nearline SAS supported on the 3004 models
- SAS, Nearline SAS supported on the 3004 models
- Any 3000 data storage array can be easily expanded with a compatible 3120 (24 drives) or 3130 JBOD (12 drives) which allows you to expand to a total of 384 terabytes.
- Any 3004 data storage array can be easily expanded with a compatible J6G24 (24 drives) or J6G12 (12 drives) which allows you to expand to a maximum of 288 terabytes.
NEBS and MIL SPEC
- The 3000 Series data storage arrays are NEBS and MIL SPEC 810F compliant.
- A DC power option is available on the 3000 and 3004 models.
- Localization for Dutch, French, German, Itialian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean are available including translated online help.